Group Admins

• Profile picture of andrea

general

Public Group active 1 day, 21 hours ago

support area for everyone including pre-sale

WP Multisite Replicator work with BP MultiNetwork?? (9 posts)

Topic tags: BP MultiNetwork, WP Multisite Replicator
  • Profile picture of Mick Mick said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Hi, I use a Wordpress Network/multisite with BP MultiNetwork to have lots of multiple sub domain social networks.

site1.com

I have around 10 subdomain sites for multiple social networks

sub1.site1.com
    sub2.site1.com
    sub3.site1.com

I need to create a lot more of these, problem is it takes me hours to set them up someone told me about WP Multisite Replicator, does this with with BuddyPress sites also?

Thanks in advance for any guidance

• Profile picture of andrea andrea said 1 year, 9 months ago:

It does not copy the main site in a network – it has to be a subsite.

Otherwise, running buddypress with it should not matter, as BP runs on the main site, which does not get copied.

Thanks @andrea, sorry but just to be 100% as I will need to buy the plugin…. you said ” BP runs on the main site” … it’s installed on the main site but it’s setup/settings including in widgets etc is different on all the subsites, those will all be copied across to the new site? (understand I can’t copy the main site, makes sense thanks :)

If you copy a SUB site, everything that is set up on the SUB site will be copied ot a new site in the same network.

If buddypress is on the main sit,e it will not be copied.
    TheReplicator will not copy a sub site in one network to another network – even if it is in the same DB.

If you want to copy:
    sub1.site1.com
    sub2.site1.com
    sub3.site1.com

to sub3.site.com then yes, it does that.

Try it out, if you don’t like it, just get a refund. :)

• Profile picture of ronr ronr said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Some of the BuddyPress settings are stored in the network settings. As a result you can’t use the replicator to duplicate BuddyPress sites.

Thanks Ron, but Network Admin settings are global across all subsites, so if this copies everything else it will work as Andrea said?

Just to be clear, my setup is:
    WP install
    Enable Multi-Site
    Set BP_Enable_multiblog (in wp-config)
    Install BBpress
    Install Buddypress Multi Network
    Setup main site
    Create multiple subsites..

As I said above – as long as you are not copying the buddypress parts, you are good to go.

• Profile picture of ronr ronr said 1 year, 9 months ago:

BP Multinetwork is for when you have multiple WP networks – http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bp-multi-network/.

To clarify what Andrea is saying, if you are not trying to copy a BuddyPress network, then the replicator will copy the site fine. The replicator does copy widgets, menus, posts pages, etc. but it does not copy BP content. If the widgets are loading data from the main BP network they should still work.

Many thanks Andrea/Ron

Michael