Group Admins

• Profile picture of andrea

general

Public Group active 2 months, 2 weeks ago

support area for everyone including pre-sale

Redirect Unregistered Users to Subdomain (4 posts)

Topic tags: buddypress, membership, multinetwork, redirect, users
  • Profile picture of Andy Freist Andy Freist said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Hey – I just got Networks+ set up (stoked!)

So I have a question – I want each network to have the main network site be buddypress/community focused (im using BP multinetwork)

This part is easy peesy – but what im looking to accomplish is have any unregistered users automatically get redirected to a subsite of each buddypress network that serves as the signup portal – this way I can have a really nice landing page info/sales site and can keep the community completely private to non-registered users. The goal is to not allow anyone that is not logged in never see the actual community…

What do you suggest is the best way to do this?

Also, id like to note – just to give you a better idea of what i have in mind:

When an non-logged-in user (whether they are a member or not) comes to site.com, i want them to be redirected to sub.site.com. Then when they register and/or login to sub.site.com, i want them to be automatically redirected to site.com..

Thanks!

• Profile picture of ronr ronr said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Out of the box, user registration for networks is on the main site of the network. If you are running BP & BP isn’t on the main site then BP redirects you to the BP registration page.

You could use http://wpebooks.com/custom-registration/ to run registration on a different site in your network. However, the BP social profile would not be filled out on registration.

For the redirect you could probably use a modified version of http://wordpress.org/plugins/network-privacy/. By default it redirects to the login page.

Gotchya – yeah basically my problem is that none of the themes I want to use for my network info/signup sites/pages are inherintly BP compatible.. im totally fine with people needing to input their profile info after signup.. Will look into those options and let you know how it goes..

thanks