Group Admins

• Profile picture of andrea

general

Public Group active 6 days, 2 hours ago

support area for everyone including pre-sale

Migrating from ”Networks” plugin – Networks+ pre-sale question (9 posts)

• Profile picture of Lasse Lasse said 4 years, 8 months ago:

Hey there,

I set up my network on wpengine a couple of months ago, I needed to have multiple multisite networks, each on it’s own domain. So I found and installed “Networks” and started creating networks.

I have run into some problems, two of my sites run exactly as I want, they have the same theme and access the same buddypress, but have different subsites and one can register a site on one and be a user of both.

But the rest of the sites I have created won’t activate bp properly, and won’t let anyone into admin when I activate my theme (berlin by presscrew)

Is it possible to migrate from Networks to Networks+ without losing the two networks (I can live with losing the rest as they don’t work properly)

I’m tempted to buy it just to test it out on my staging site.

• Profile picture of ronr ronr said 4 years, 8 months ago:

You should not need either Networks or Networks+ to keep the two networks you have. Networks+ is a tool for creating and deleting additional networks in WP. Once the networks are create then core WP handles the network.

• Profile picture of Lasse Lasse said 4 years, 8 months ago:

Aha, now I see.

Well your incredible speed of response prompted me to buy your plugin, and it works great for creating and deleting networks (as it should) even alongside the networks plugin.

It did not resolve my issues though (I did not ask if it would, I know)

So I ruled out the Networks plugin as a culprit. But it all works so well on the second network (1st: flowstatenutrition.com 2nd: flowstate.no)

Would the replicator plugin be able to recreate this setup on additional networks? As I understand it, it only clones sites, not network settings.

I will try to copy some sql tables and see if I get anywhere, if you are so inclined, I will gladly create a superadmin account so you can snook around.

Thanks!

• Profile picture of ronr ronr said 4 years, 8 months ago:

No, the replicator won’t help you copy a network. Network settings are stored in the _sites & _sitemeta tables.

• Profile picture of nsbp001 nsbp001 said 3 years, 1 month ago:

I am trying to create a BP community for 4 different, but related, organizations. For branding purposes each organization needs its own domain name, but I want the entire user base for the 4 different communities to share common user, site and BP data tables as I want everyone to be able to see, friend, join forums, groups, etc at-will across the 4 domains.

I am thinking of using one masterdomain, i.e., masterdomain.org + 4 user domains that are actually sub-domains of the respective organizations, i.e.,

sub1.domain1.org
    sub2.domain2.org
    sub3.domain3.org
    sub4.domain4.org

No user would be assigned to masterdomain.org (except its superadmin). Rather all users would be assigned to one of the user domains. For branding purposes I would rather have subfolder URLs than subdomain ones, i..e, sub1.domain1.org/user1 sub2.domain2.org/user2 vice user1.sub1.domain1.org and user2.sub2.domain2.org.

I would also like to have home page for each user domain per per http://coreyjmahler.com/topics/setting-up-a-wordpress-multisite-install-to-use-multiple-domains/

And I need the solution to be scalable in that I can add new user domains as I go along if other organizations join the network, i.e., sub5.domain5.org

Will the Network+ allow me to do this and allow me to assign users to the user domains as we go along?

I am trying to create a BP community for 4 different, but related, organizations. For branding purposes each organization needs its own domain name, but I want the entire user base for the 4 different communities to share common user, site and BP data tables as I want everyone to be able to see, friend, join forums, groups, etc at-will across the 4 domains.

I am thinking of using one masterdomain, i.e., masterdomain.org + 4 user domains that are actually sub-domains of the respective organizations, i.e.,

sub1.domain1.org
    sub2.domain2.org
    sub3.domain3.org
    sub4.domain4.org

No user would be assigned to masterdomain.org (except its superadmin). Rather all users would be assigned to one of the user domains. For branding purposes I would rather have subfolder URLs than subdomain ones, i..e, sub1.domain1.org/user1 sub2.domain2.org/user2 vice user1.sub1.domain1.org and user2.sub2.domain2.org.

I would also like to have home page for each user domain per per http://coreyjmahler.com/topics/setting-up-a-wordpress-multisite-install-to-use-multiple-domains/

And I need the solution to be scalable in that I can add new user domains as I go along if other organizations join the network, i.e., sub5.domain5.org

Will the Network+ allow me to do this and allow me to assign users to the user domains as we go along?

sub1.domain1.org
    sub2.domain2.org
    sub3.domain3.org
    sub4.domain4.org

• Profile picture of ronr ronr said 3 years, 1 month ago:

share common user, site and BP data tables

Each WP site in a WP network install has it’s own tables. By default BP uses the same tables in a WP install regardless of how many WP networks are in the install.

Per the Networks+ sales page there is a single user base for an entire WP install. You can create sites for each user.

If you set up your install as a subfolder install (in the create network screen) then you can use Networks+ to create the sub1., sub2. subdomains & sites created from those networks will be in the format of sub1.domain1.org/user1

Sorry my msg got posted multiple times. I kept getting a 505 Gateway Timeout Error on this end.